You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fake link for FindMy

my phone was stolen recently, I entered a recovery number and today I got this fake message with this link: I opened it and immediately closed, anyone knows what it is for?

[Link edited by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 11:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 11:13 PM

nydia02 Said:

"Fake link for FindMy: my phone was stolen recently, I entered a recovery number and today I got this fake message with this link: I opened it and immediately closed, anyone knows what it is for?"

-------

That is a Phishing Scam:

Apple will not eMail you such a message. Look at the domain in the link provided. It contains nothing of apple.com. So, perform the following in the order provided:

1. Report This:

So, report it. To do so: Forward that screenshot to Apple at: reportphishing@apple.com. Once forwarded, delete the eMail, and then remove it from your Trash and Archived folders.

2. Block Out the Sender:

Once reported, block the sender.

3. Modifying your Credentials:

You interacted with this message. So, consider modifying your credentials.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 30, 2021 11:13 PM in response to nydia02

nydia02 Said:

"Fake link for FindMy: my phone was stolen recently, I entered a recovery number and today I got this fake message with this link: I opened it and immediately closed, anyone knows what it is for?"

-------

That is a Phishing Scam:

Apple will not eMail you such a message. Look at the domain in the link provided. It contains nothing of apple.com. So, perform the following in the order provided:

1. Report This:

So, report it. To do so: Forward that screenshot to Apple at: reportphishing@apple.com. Once forwarded, delete the eMail, and then remove it from your Trash and Archived folders.

2. Block Out the Sender:

Once reported, block the sender.

3. Modifying your Credentials:

You interacted with this message. So, consider modifying your credentials.

Fake link for FindMy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.