You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery not charging

My iPad Pro 2nd addition battery stopped charging today

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 5:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 5:58 PM

donson181 Said:

"Battery not charging: My iPad Pro 2nd addition battery stopped charging today"

-------

Time to Upgrade:

Take this as a good chance to upgrade to a newer, more up-to-date device.

Troubleshooting iPad Power:

These are user-to-user forums. No one here has access to your account/devices (and that is a good thing, BTW). So, to troubleshoot this, refer to the following:

Try what is on these Links:

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 29, 2021 5:58 PM in response to donson181

donson181 Said:

"Battery not charging: My iPad Pro 2nd addition battery stopped charging today"

-------

Time to Upgrade:

Take this as a good chance to upgrade to a newer, more up-to-date device.

Troubleshooting iPad Power:

These are user-to-user forums. No one here has access to your account/devices (and that is a good thing, BTW). So, to troubleshoot this, refer to the following:

Try what is on these Links:

Aug 31, 2021 7:20 PM in response to donson181

donson181 Said:

"Battery not charging: Yes I did both cables and chargers in the wall. However I am very confused because last night my iPad had gone down to 1% so I closed the cover and left the cable attached all night. This morning when I opened it up the screen was black so I held down the home button until the Apple logo appeared and it started up and showed 33% battery life but it didn't turn green with the cable attached even after several tries, and continued to fall back to 1%."

-------

What is the Battery Health?:

When the Battery Health is 80% or lower, it is time for a new battery.

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: Battery
  3. Tap: Battery Health
  4. View: Percentage.

See About Getting this Serviced:

You have a One-YearOut-of-the-BoxLimited-Warranty. So, if less than 80% contact Apple Support, and see if you can get this serviced.

Apple Support Contact Information:

Aug 31, 2021 7:05 PM in response to TheLittles

Yes I did both cables and chargers in the wall. However I am very confused because last night my iPad had gone down to 1% so I closed the cover and left the cable attached all night. This morning when I opened it up the screen was black so I held down the home button until the Apple logo appeared and it started up and showed 33% battery life but it didn't turn green with the cable attached even after several tries, and continued to fall back to 1%.

Battery not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.