You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I-Phone chargers

Does apple make an I-Phone charger with an oversize end to plug into phone. It seems as though a regular cord is too small and the phone does not recognize the charger is plugged in. It feels loose and sometimes if you wiggle it, it may charge but you can't touch it or it will stop charging.

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 9:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 12:17 PM

Then there is something wrong with the iPhone’s port. It should not in any way be larger and have the cable connector be loose. Inside.

The Lightning end on the cable should fit snuggly in the port and not fall out.

Do you honestly think Apple has such terrible quality control that the ports are large than the intended connectors to such a degree that the cables are loose.

If you have tried to clean the port in the iPhone out and there’s nothing there, take the iPhone into an Apple Store so they can take a look and repair it or replace it if necessary.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 29, 2021 12:17 PM in response to scottawood

Then there is something wrong with the iPhone’s port. It should not in any way be larger and have the cable connector be loose. Inside.

The Lightning end on the cable should fit snuggly in the port and not fall out.

Do you honestly think Apple has such terrible quality control that the ports are large than the intended connectors to such a degree that the cables are loose.

If you have tried to clean the port in the iPhone out and there’s nothing there, take the iPhone into an Apple Store so they can take a look and repair it or replace it if necessary.

I-Phone chargers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.