You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

so disappointed

So it seems that with this yet again new "upgrade" makes it as to we have to re-buy our SW third party and apps are not working with Big Sur and even the hardware is not compatible with older Mac .... so very much annoying! Had I known this earlier, I would have NEVER have bought a new mac ! ... just had to get it out ... You have lost a customer, Apple ! ... :-( :-(

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 5:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 6:54 AM

You have lost a customer, Apple ! .

You are not addressing Apple here. This is a community of end users.

If you wish an Apple employees to experience your displeasure, I invite you to use this feedback link:

Feedback - macOS - Apple

2 replies

Aug 29, 2021 8:05 AM in response to MCX2012

Sorry to hear you are "disappointed". Did you not check the specs of the new computer before you bought it? Apple has been notifying everyone for a number of years that starting with Catalina no 32 bit apps would work on mew Macs. Apple computers have been 64 bit for over a decade.

Maybe your disappointment should be directed at the app developers who have decided to charge you for an upgrade to their app. But even that seems unreasonable since they also are subject to technology improvements and if they stayed with old technology they would lose business.

Regardless, best of luck with your Windows PCs and Chromebooks going forward. There are some good non-Apple devices out there. Oh yes, and keep in mind that old versions of apps do not run on new Windows or Chromebook products either.

so disappointed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.