You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil (1st Gen) suddenly stopped working and not charging. Any solutions?

Hello there,

Yesterday my Apple pencil (1st Gen), while using suddenly stopped working.

I figured it was the battery dying out as I only charge it for half hour or so before I use it (btw I use it extensively on a daily basis).

I usually keep it on charge by connecting it to my ipad.

But now it is not charging beyond 3%.

I checked on other community threads and it comes to my light that my battery may have just died out as it cannot sustain for long on low charge.

And it turns out to be some science to do with the battery, which for some reason our beloved apple company just did not bother to mention.

I most likely have to replace this pencil, but I want to do it as a last resort (a student like me cannot casually spend so much money).

Is there any way to get it charged again?

Also, if any apple employees reading this mail, to be frank I feel it is your company's bad decision to not inform such corner case issues with the pencil to your customers.

Had I known that charging pencil to always be up full is something I have to do, I would have.

Sincerely,

Akshay Gopalakrishnan

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 11:18 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Aug 26, 2021 11:48 AM in response to AkshayGopalakrishnan

FYIThese are user-only forums made up of folks like you and me. You are not speaking to Apple. if you need to speak with Apple Support, then contact product and tech support:  ➔  Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers. Furthermore, if you want to provide direct feedback to Apple then please leave feedback here ➔ Product Feedback - Apple

Axel F.

Apple Pencil (1st Gen) suddenly stopped working and not charging. Any solutions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.