You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 6th gen ipad port won’t fit into any of my chargers

I had a 6th Generation iPad for 3 years and the charger port has always been working fine. But I bought 3 chargers and none of them work on my iPad. I noticed that when I pluck the charger into the port is wobbles . Is that normal and how do I fix it?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 6:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 7:36 PM

I am assuming that you meant that you bought 3 charging cables (and not charging plugs/adapters) to see whether they work on your iPad 6th generation. Were all those cables Apple made or third party cables? I recommend that you test with Apple made Lightning to USB cables.

No it is not normal for the charging port, on your iPad, to wobble when a little force is applied. That may be the reason where the charging port is defective and loose. Have your iPad examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and resolution.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 24, 2021 7:36 PM in response to SabrinaW15y

I am assuming that you meant that you bought 3 charging cables (and not charging plugs/adapters) to see whether they work on your iPad 6th generation. Were all those cables Apple made or third party cables? I recommend that you test with Apple made Lightning to USB cables.

No it is not normal for the charging port, on your iPad, to wobble when a little force is applied. That may be the reason where the charging port is defective and loose. Have your iPad examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and resolution.

Axel F.

My 6th gen ipad port won’t fit into any of my chargers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.