You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my Iphone 12 pro max got stolen

my iphone 12 pro max got stolen, i activated the "lost my iphone service" before it was stolen but the thief find a means to unlock my phone and switch of the find my iphone service and keep using it, is there any other way to switch the find my device on without having my iphone 12 pro max with me so i can easily track my phone location?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 3:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 3:15 AM

cunlay wrote:

thief find a means to unlock my phone and switch of the find my iphone service and keep using it,

There are only two possibilities.

1. If you remove the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device.
  2. If you have shared your Apple ID credentials with the so-called "thief" then there is nothing that can be done now.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 21, 2021 3:15 AM in response to cunlay

cunlay wrote:

thief find a means to unlock my phone and switch of the find my iphone service and keep using it,

There are only two possibilities.

1. If you remove the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device.
  2. If you have shared your Apple ID credentials with the so-called "thief" then there is nothing that can be done now.

Aug 21, 2021 3:25 AM in response to SravanKrA

I didn’t remove the device from my account, I can still see the device is connected to my Apple ID every time I check with my other phone, the thief only find a means to remove my phone lock code and wiped all other data except my Apple ID which is still connected to the phone and switched off “find my device” to make it difficult to track the phone!

I got a message “a new sim was inserted into you I phone 12 promax “ and before I could checked the sim information he got the find my device switched off totally

my Iphone 12 pro max got stolen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.