You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Annoying new grab handle UI in Finder to resize columns

Does anyone else find the new grab handle UI in Finder (to resize column width) annoying? Now you have to move with the mouse to the bottom of the Finder window, hit the grab handle, and then travel back up whereas with the previous UI you could resize columns anywhere on the divider line. Or am I missing something? This is really in my way. Any workarounds?

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 11:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 11:27 PM

ideawarrior Said:

"Annoying new grab handle UI in Finder to resize columns: Does anyone else find the new grab handle UI in Finder (to resize column width) annoying?[...]"

-------

About this Spec:

I do not find this. So, let Apple know what you think of this.

Provide your Feedback:

Do your Part: Inform Apple of your feedback. Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more feedback thy receive from its users, the more likely they will know what needs to be fixed.

1. Go Here: Feedback - macOS - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Select: "User Interface" for the "Feedback Area"
  4. Comment: on why this seems ridiculous 
  5. Proceed from there as necessary.
4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 13, 2021 11:27 PM in response to ideawarrior

ideawarrior Said:

"Annoying new grab handle UI in Finder to resize columns: Does anyone else find the new grab handle UI in Finder (to resize column width) annoying?[...]"

-------

About this Spec:

I do not find this. So, let Apple know what you think of this.

Provide your Feedback:

Do your Part: Inform Apple of your feedback. Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more feedback thy receive from its users, the more likely they will know what needs to be fixed.

1. Go Here: Feedback - macOS - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Select: "User Interface" for the "Feedback Area"
  4. Comment: on why this seems ridiculous 
  5. Proceed from there as necessary.

Aug 14, 2021 8:21 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Luis, thank you for that tip! I figured out what it was as soon as I saw your response. I had connected a USB mouse with a scroll wheel yesterday to work with SketchUp (they recommend you use a regular mouse with scroll wheel as it's essential to working with SketchUp user interface). Normally I use Apple's magic mouse and hence never saw this UI. I had Automatically based on mouse and trackpad selected, but I changed it to "When scrolling", so now I have the old fashioned divider lines back, pew!

Annoying new grab handle UI in Finder to resize columns

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.