You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud storage

Can I buy iCloud storage for another person without sharing?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 6:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 7:34 PM

svkohn Said:

"iCloud storage: Can I buy iCloud storage for another person without sharing?"

-------

Avoid Card Card Sharing:

A person needs at least one card assigned to their account for this. Having them use your card would be unwise, as they may make purchases unintentionally, or intensionally, that you cannot get refunded for. So, avoid using your card in their account.

Get a Gift Card:

Purchase an Apple gift Card (not iTunes Gift card, and they could use the payments that way.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 7, 2021 7:34 PM in response to svkohn

svkohn Said:

"iCloud storage: Can I buy iCloud storage for another person without sharing?"

-------

Avoid Card Card Sharing:

A person needs at least one card assigned to their account for this. Having them use your card would be unwise, as they may make purchases unintentionally, or intensionally, that you cannot get refunded for. So, avoid using your card in their account.

Get a Gift Card:

Purchase an Apple gift Card (not iTunes Gift card, and they could use the payments that way.

Aug 7, 2021 7:09 PM in response to muguy

Thank you,

The storage would be for a person who lives in another state. The physical iPhone is not with me. Does Apple ask for iCloud ID for the iCloud storage to be "issued" to that particular account but paid for from a different account. I am trying to not use family sharing.

Thank you

iCloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.