You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new iphone not receiving texts

old iphone receiving texts, new iphone is not

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 11:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 12:24 PM

No problem. To best answer what you should do with your old phone, see if the following support article can help:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies

Aug 7, 2021 12:06 PM in response to stephenfromdenver

Sorry, didn't realize it would post as an actual forum question. I bought a new SE 2020 yesterday to replace my older version SE. I activated the new SE correctly, as far as transferring all apps and being able to make phone calls. The SIM card from the old SE was transferred to the new SE 2020. This morning I was about to Reset the old phone when I got an iMessage on the old phone that didn't appear on the new phone. Since posting this question I turned iMessage off on the old phone and asked the person to resend their message. The new phone DID receive the iMessage. Is it now safe to Reset the old phone? Do I need to "remove" it from my Apple account and add the new phone to that account? Is there any other place where I need to remove the old phone and add the new one? Thanks for the quick reply, btw.

new iphone not receiving texts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.