You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pairing apple watch series 2

I try to pair my apple watch series 2, recently purchased pre-owned, and I pair it to my iphone, it says I need to update the watch to continue but when I click on it I just have this screen

There is no option to click anything to continue and if I click exit it will ask if I want to unpair the watch or wait for the update.

does anyone know how to continue?

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 4:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 5:31 PM

What version of iOS is on your iPhone? I believe a series 2 watch cannot pair with an iPhone running iOS 13 or 14 (I may be wrong). In any case, you may have problems updating the watch due to insufficient memory. You can try restarting the watch:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

but I think the quickest way to get this resolved is by making an appointment at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store near you.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 6, 2021 5:31 PM in response to brit40

What version of iOS is on your iPhone? I believe a series 2 watch cannot pair with an iPhone running iOS 13 or 14 (I may be wrong). In any case, you may have problems updating the watch due to insufficient memory. You can try restarting the watch:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

but I think the quickest way to get this resolved is by making an appointment at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store near you.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Pairing apple watch series 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.