You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How I can I find my iPhone X it’s offline but I know my serial number

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 1:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 1:09 PM

If the phone is offline, you can't track it. Knowing your serial number won't help you.

The only way to track a missing phone is all three of the following must be true:

1. Find My was turned on
  2. The phone must be powered on
  3. The phone must be connected to a network

If any of the above 3 are not true, you can't track the phone. You have to look for it the old fashioned way, which is to look for it.

See this link for help with a lost or stolen iPhone --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 28, 2021 1:09 PM in response to Fafanealexis

If the phone is offline, you can't track it. Knowing your serial number won't help you.

The only way to track a missing phone is all three of the following must be true:

1. Find My was turned on
  2. The phone must be powered on
  3. The phone must be connected to a network

If any of the above 3 are not true, you can't track the phone. You have to look for it the old fashioned way, which is to look for it.

See this link for help with a lost or stolen iPhone --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.