You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Third party charger

Can I use Asus mobile charger 10watt for charging iPhone 12?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 1:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 1:22 PM

You can, however, it is designed for a non-Apple device. It is 10W and you will need a USB to Lightning cable to work with your iPhone 12. It is not going to fast charge your iPhone and it does not have the Apple approval. It will work with the right cable.

My personal recommendation is to use Apple’s 20W charger with a USB-C to Lightning cable (included with your iPhone 12) to charge your iPhone. This charger provides fast charging as well.

Axel F.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 25, 2021 1:22 PM in response to arvin54

You can, however, it is designed for a non-Apple device. It is 10W and you will need a USB to Lightning cable to work with your iPhone 12. It is not going to fast charge your iPhone and it does not have the Apple approval. It will work with the right cable.

My personal recommendation is to use Apple’s 20W charger with a USB-C to Lightning cable (included with your iPhone 12) to charge your iPhone. This charger provides fast charging as well.

Axel F.

Third party charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.