You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bezel replacement

Hi, i am using macbook pro m1 13 inch. i accidentally crack the screen bezel. is there any way that i can replace the bezel without changing the whole 13 inch screen because it will cost a lot. Tq

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 11:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 11:35 PM

kyoilham Said:

"bezel replacement: Hi, i am using macbook pro m1 13 inch. i accidentally crack the screen bezel. is there any way that i can replace the bezel without changing the whole 13 inch screen because it will cost a lot. Tq"

-------

A New Bezel:

A new bezel may work, but it would have to be the correct one. So, lookup the model number, and see if you can find a bezel on Amazon.

See this Amazon Search Query: macbook pro m1 13 inch screen bezel

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 23, 2021 11:35 PM in response to kyoilham

kyoilham Said:

"bezel replacement: Hi, i am using macbook pro m1 13 inch. i accidentally crack the screen bezel. is there any way that i can replace the bezel without changing the whole 13 inch screen because it will cost a lot. Tq"

-------

A New Bezel:

A new bezel may work, but it would have to be the correct one. So, lookup the model number, and see if you can find a bezel on Amazon.

See this Amazon Search Query: macbook pro m1 13 inch screen bezel

Jul 24, 2021 1:23 PM in response to kyoilham

Removing the broken Bezel is not easy to do. There are lots of very fragile cables located beneath the Bezel that are very easy to damage when removing the Bezel which is attached with adhesive. Plus the Bezel tends to shatter very easily making the job of removing even more difficult. It is also easy to damage the LCD Panel as well which is very thin & fragile. Even installing a replacement Bezel can be tricky to properly align. I've had lots of practice dealing with Apple glass and Apple adhesives and removing the Bezel is still a risky & tricky process.

I have no idea whether there are any Bezels available for an M1 Mac. Don't assume the Bezels for the Intel model will work.

If you cause any damage expect a very expensive Apple repair to fix the issue although don't be surprised if Apple may even refuse to repair it.

I do admit it is absolutely inexcusable to have users pay $500+ US to replace a screen when a $20 US part can fix the issue, but this is what users are agreeing to when they purchase computers that are made to look thin & cool.

bezel replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.