You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Husband NOT getting texts?

Yesterday, I just changed my apple password. Today, my husband was upset --- a wee bit, as he wondered why I didn't respond to his texts today. I did - and it shows as "delivered" on my iPhone - but he did NOT get the texts from me. :(

We share one apple ID, have been for about four years.

What can we do to make it work, like it worked yesterday. We do NOT want to get a second Apple ID for him. Thank you.

iPhone SE

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 6:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 6:37 PM

Your husband didn't get your texts, because you change the Apple ID Password you both have to use since you share the same ID. I'm going to guess you didn't tell him when you changed the Apple ID Password? His phone was then no longer signed into the same account you share. As mentioned here, you should NOT be sharing an Apple ID.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 14, 2021 6:37 PM in response to NYkennon

Your husband didn't get your texts, because you change the Apple ID Password you both have to use since you share the same ID. I'm going to guess you didn't tell him when you changed the Apple ID Password? His phone was then no longer signed into the same account you share. As mentioned here, you should NOT be sharing an Apple ID.

Jul 14, 2021 6:28 PM in response to NYkennon

What to do?

One of you gets another Apple ID, or one or both of you gets rid of the Apple gear, or you get used to weirdness and mis-routed and missed info.

Sharing an Apple ID does not and will not work reliably.

Two previous threads with useful info on switching to a new Apple ID:

Can I merge two iCloud accounts - Apple Community

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252468781

Husband NOT getting texts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.