You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Could not access old iphone due to forgotten password

I have an old Iphone 8 plus that I am trying to access, it is asking for a code that I forgot, and am not able to access, I need assistance.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 3:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 6:20 PM

If you forgot the Apple ID password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage            

Apple ID – Forgot Password            

If you need the passcode

Passcode - If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone or your device is disabled.  

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 14, 2021 6:20 PM in response to juliannaduran89

If you forgot the Apple ID password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage            

Apple ID – Forgot Password            

If you need the passcode

Passcode - If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone or your device is disabled.  

Jul 14, 2021 3:11 PM in response to juliannaduran89

Hello juliannaduran89, there is a possible option which is to enter recovery mod eon your phone, you do this by pressing and releasing the volume up button and the volume down button simultaneously, then, hold down the Side button until the Connect to iTunes screen appears. Then a pop-up window will show telling you that your phone is on recovery mode, and it will ask you to restore your phone it may take a while but when your hone loads you can download your iPhone backup from iCloud.

Cheers!

Could not access old iphone due to forgotten password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.