You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand - How Do I Playback Multiple Tracks via USB?

I have successfully connected my Soundcraft Performer 2 digital audio console's 32 channel USB I/O card to my MB Pro and recorded 21 instrument and vocal tracks for a live band that I mixed recently. However, when I try to play the tracks back into my console from Garageband, I am only getting 2 channels that sound like a stereo mix of the recording. I want to send all the tracks to the console so that I can use them for a virtual soundcheck, but I can't figure out how to do it, so I'm looking for some help. All I have found so far is information on how to locate the WAV files for my individual tracks so that I can import them into another app like Reaper and use it for multitrack playback, but I'd rather not do that if there is a way to get Garageband to playback more than 2 channels via USB.

FWIW I'm running Mojave because I like iTunes :) and I'm a Garageband newbie.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 4:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 7:10 PM

Garageband has no concept of midi out, nor support for more than L/R output.

To do more, you need GB's smarter brother, Logic.

Similar questions

2 replies

GarageBand - How Do I Playback Multiple Tracks via USB?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.