You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro Sound Library Missing/Cannot be Relocated

While setting up my Sound Library, I've been getting greyed-out menus and error messages all over my face. I've scoured the internet for answers, yet no solution has worked for me.

I've done everything from re-downloading, to manually symlink-ing, to changing users, to deleting receipts, to re-installation, to resetting preferences. And on the manual symlink-ing, I got this prompt when I launched Logic Pro:

"Logic Library" is the name of the last drive I had the Sound Library on. I have had that volume wiped since then. This has led me to think that there is some old preferences file that is buried in the system somewhere that I have to clear.

In conclusion, I have 2 questions to ask:

1. How can I revert this problem that I've gotten myself into? (if even possible)
  2. Is there a preferences parameter or file that remembers the last place the Sound Library was located and where can I find it?

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 8:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 6:04 PM

My issue got resolved! The answer: it was one of those "it'll fix itself" bugs. I don't know what macOS did.

Similar questions

1 reply

Logic Pro Sound Library Missing/Cannot be Relocated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.