You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create new apple id

Every time my daughter uses my phone to play a game called roblox, when I get my phone back from her my settings are changed, my accounts are alerting me that my passwords are compromised, all kinds of stuff. Today i was logged out of Google photos and someone tried to delete all my photos from my iPhone. My question is, she swears it’s not her doing this, should I believe her??

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 7:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 6:43 AM

There is no way that playing a game can change any settings on an iPhone.

If you are getting notifications that some of your passwords have been detected in a security breach that has nothing with how your phone is being used. Those notifications will come on any phone if any of your passwords have been found by cybersecurity teams for sale on the dark web.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 23, 2021 6:43 AM in response to Rhoda09

There is no way that playing a game can change any settings on an iPhone.

If you are getting notifications that some of your passwords have been detected in a security breach that has nothing with how your phone is being used. Those notifications will come on any phone if any of your passwords have been found by cybersecurity teams for sale on the dark web.

Jun 23, 2021 6:52 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Hello:)The in game chat can be dangerous and pictures and information may be exchanged there. I would be concerned about the child more than the phone in this case. I have a friend who in fact is a retired police officer who works with families to educate them about these types of situations and how to protect their children.Be well .

Jun 23, 2021 7:19 AM in response to _rael_

Over half of the users of Roblox are children and it is very educational and added much learning material during the pandemic that was helpful. The company does monitor the use of their platform and they highly encourage parents and guardians to monitor and share in the use of it. The fact that you can chat with it and exchange files is not inherently evil. The daughter could use iMessage, FaceTime and any number of social media apps to do that.

Roblox is definitely NOT an adult oriented game. I am a retired police officer.

Jun 23, 2021 7:56 AM in response to deggie

Hello..I first of all have so much respect for you …more than you know…for your being a retired police officer and for the knowledge you share here. I agree with you about the other info as well. My friend who works with families is always surprised by the lack of monitoring in place. Apple has made security a prime focus…it is the reason I am with Apple. Scammers find new ways everyday to get info to try and get into our Apple devices and unfortunately one of the ways right now is through children. I have to keep my iPhone locked around my grand children and they are great but I have to be careful with unlock info as they watch even that😁 they are so smart …too smart for their own good sometimes. All my respect to you for your service …really I mean that too,Thx again and be well.

Jun 23, 2021 8:53 AM in response to _rael_

Actually I’m more surprised at how many parents do monitor their children’s use of computers and electronics. Spamming through children was done long before computers and smartphones came along

Scams were done via telephones and mail. Advertisers reached children left watching childrens shows on TV, etc.

There really is nothing new just new and faster ways to do it. Plus with a large swath of people in awe of computers it makes a better story. And way too many law enforcement officers fear monger with very little actual knowledge so to keep their specialized positions.

Create new apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.