You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help to activate my iPhone with Ethiopian SIM card?

this is my I phone I got the phone from apple store about a year ago due to, the previous phone that I had broken and I didn’t have insurance at the time and I sent it to apple and apple sent me this phone, a week ago I went to Ethiopia for vacations and T-Mobile don’t have service in Ethiopia so I have to use different carriers SIM card and it’s not working, I did contact to T-Mobile customer service and they trying to solve the problem but still not active yet so they told me I need to contact to Apple support, this is my own phone 11 pro max here is my Apple ID ***

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 12:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 12:42 PM

It's carrier locked. There is nothing Apple can do about it. Only the carrier it's locked to can unlock it.

1 reply

I need help to activate my iPhone with Ethiopian SIM card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.