You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need messages that weren’t backed up to my phone, and I’ve been told that you guys can pull up old messages.

I know there is a way to recover lost messages. Even if they were not backed up. I need messages between me and my old boss, I have his number. It’s a matter of me getting my unemployment that I’ve been waiting for 4 months. Fell behind on bills, **** has been repoed and I need these messages. My father already gave permission to release these messages, and I need them soon!!

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 11:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 12:55 AM

DCOSTA911 wrote:

I know there is a way to recover lost messages. Even if they were not backed up

You are mistaken.

If you were syncing Messages in iCloud, all deletions are not recoverable.

If you were backing them up using iCloud backup, you can recover them from that backup. Otherwise they are gone.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 17, 2021 12:55 AM in response to DCOSTA911

DCOSTA911 wrote:

I know there is a way to recover lost messages. Even if they were not backed up

You are mistaken.

If you were syncing Messages in iCloud, all deletions are not recoverable.

If you were backing them up using iCloud backup, you can recover them from that backup. Otherwise they are gone.

I need messages that weren’t backed up to my phone, and I’ve been told that you guys can pull up old messages.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.