You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing not working on Apple TV app

Recently, I was trying to use the Apple TV app on my iPhone and Mac. I could see movies purchased by the family in the Family Sharing section of the library, but when I tried playing anything, I got a message saying that the media could not be redownloaded or I did not purchase it. The only way I found to be able to watch the movies was to sign into the secondary account that the apple purchases run through, but this pretty much defeats the purpose of Family Sharing. How can I fix this problem so that Family Purchases can be accessed by all accounts in the Family?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 9:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 7:11 AM

Hello there, KaiD55!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have an issue with accessing the shared content on your Apple TV from family members. Check out this article If you don't see your family's shared content. This will give you steps you can take for issues accessing content.

Let us know if you continue to have issues and have a terrific day!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 18, 2021 7:11 AM in response to KaiD55

Hello there, KaiD55!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have an issue with accessing the shared content on your Apple TV from family members. Check out this article If you don't see your family's shared content. This will give you steps you can take for issues accessing content.

Let us know if you continue to have issues and have a terrific day!

Family Sharing not working on Apple TV app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.