You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery issue after ios 14.6 update

Hi,

I noticed that after I update my iphone 11 to ios 14.6, my phone doesn’t get fully charged to 100%. You can see from the photo below that it was charged overnight but battery was keep on decreasing. I woke up and found my phone was only at 62%. Anybody else had the same issue after update?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 12:36 AM

6 replies

Jun 14, 2021 10:51 PM in response to amikkop

amikkop Said:

"Battery issue after ios 14.6 update: Hi, I noticed that after I update my iphone 11 to ios 14.6, my phone doesn’t get fully charged to 100%: Yes, the optimized battery charging is on. What I did last night is I turned it off, then turn it on again. After that, my battery charged to 100%. Btw, my battery is still recalibrating so maybe that may be the cause of the issue.[...]"

-------

Update your iPhone:

There is reportedly an update that Apple has created that fixes this.

• Go Here: About Recalibration of Battery Health Reporting in iOS 14.5 -Apple Support
  • As it Reads: "[...]iOS 14.5 includes an update where the battery health reporting system will recalibrate maximum battery capacity* and peak performance capability on iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max to address inaccurate estimates of battery health reporting for some users.[...]"

Jul 1, 2021 7:02 AM in response to Bitratecrazy

Bitratecrazy Said:

"After updating to IOS 14.6, my optimise battery charging is not functioning at all. It charges directly to 100% while I sleep which is not good for the battery."

-------

14.6 Overwrote 14.5's Fixes:

iOS 14.6, it seems, has overwritten that fix made by iOS 14.5 --Something that is commonly mentioned in these forums. So, report it to Apple, and letting them know what has occurred. You won't hear back from Apple, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what has occurred. Apple barely reads the forums on their own time, at is.

How to Give Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment On: When you came across this, and how you have troubleshot it, thus far
  4. Proceed from there as necessary.

Jun 14, 2021 7:27 PM in response to amikkop

Hello amikkop,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities. We understand that after updating, your iPhone is no longer fully charging. Have you checked to see if the "Optimized Battery Charging" feature is turned on? If so, this could be why it isn't fully charging: About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone

If that's not the case, see if these steps help: If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge

Keep us posted.

Take care.

Jun 14, 2021 10:38 PM in response to TammyW_03

Hi TammyW_03,

Yes, the optimized battery charging is on. What I did last night is I turned it off, then turn it on again. After that, my battery charged to 100%. Btw, my battery is still recalibrating so maybe that may be the cause of the issue. But even if its calibrating, the behavior is weird or wrong. Before I update the os, I usually get a notification that my phone will be fully charged at a certain time, so when I wake up my battery will be at 100%. However after the upgrade, it somehow stopped charging after reaching 80% then it will drain the battery even if its plugged in.

Jun 14, 2021 11:46 PM in response to TheLittles

Hi TheLittles,

Thanks for sharing those points. However, those are talking about ios 14.5 and I am already running the latest software which is 14.6. I have done a workaround on the issue by turning off then turning on the Optimized Battery Charging option. After doing that, somehow my phone is now charging to 100%. It doesn’t stop at 80% anymore like the one from my screenshot earlier.

Battery issue after ios 14.6 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.