You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don’t know why my AirPods don’t work

I don’t know why my air pods don’t work.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 4:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 4:49 PM

Hello camden0621,

I am assuming neither Air Pod is working and possibly will not pair. If that is not what’s wrong or this doesn’t help please reply with more specific info.

Try restarting the Air Pods Restart AirPods for use with iPhone - Apple Support

"Restart AirPods

Do one of the following:

• AirPods Max: On the right headphone, press and hold the Digital Crown and the noise control button at the same time until the status light next to the charging port flashes amber (around 12 seconds), then immediately release the buttons.
  • Important: Immediately release the buttons when the AirPods Max status light flashes amber. If you continue to hold the buttons until the status light flashes white (around 15 seconds), AirPods Max return to their factory settings.
  • AirPods Pro and AirPods (1st and 2nd generation): Put the AirPods in their case, then close the lid for a minimum of 10 seconds."

If your Air Pods will not pair or connect this Apple Support article will help. If your AirPods won't connect - Apple Support

"If you can't connect to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Make sure that your iOS or iPadOS device has the latest compatible software.
  2. Open Control Center on your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch, and make sure that Bluetooth is on.
  3. Put both AirPods in the charging case and make sure that both AirPods are charging.
  4. Go to Settings > Bluetooth. If your AirPods are connected, make sure that they're selected as your audio device. If they aren't connected, just go to the next step.
  5. Close the lid, wait 15 seconds, then open the lid. Press and hold the setup button on the case for up to 10 seconds. The status light should flash white, which means that your AirPods are ready to connect.

1. Hold the case, with your AirPods inside and the lid open, next to your iOS device.
  2. Follow the steps on the screen of your iOS device.
  3. Test your AirPods. If you still can't connect, reset your AirPods."

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 12, 2021 4:49 PM in response to camden0621

Hello camden0621,

I am assuming neither Air Pod is working and possibly will not pair. If that is not what’s wrong or this doesn’t help please reply with more specific info.

Try restarting the Air Pods Restart AirPods for use with iPhone - Apple Support

"Restart AirPods

Do one of the following:

• AirPods Max: On the right headphone, press and hold the Digital Crown and the noise control button at the same time until the status light next to the charging port flashes amber (around 12 seconds), then immediately release the buttons.
  • Important: Immediately release the buttons when the AirPods Max status light flashes amber. If you continue to hold the buttons until the status light flashes white (around 15 seconds), AirPods Max return to their factory settings.
  • AirPods Pro and AirPods (1st and 2nd generation): Put the AirPods in their case, then close the lid for a minimum of 10 seconds."

If your Air Pods will not pair or connect this Apple Support article will help. If your AirPods won't connect - Apple Support

"If you can't connect to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Make sure that your iOS or iPadOS device has the latest compatible software.
  2. Open Control Center on your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch, and make sure that Bluetooth is on.
  3. Put both AirPods in the charging case and make sure that both AirPods are charging.
  4. Go to Settings > Bluetooth. If your AirPods are connected, make sure that they're selected as your audio device. If they aren't connected, just go to the next step.
  5. Close the lid, wait 15 seconds, then open the lid. Press and hold the setup button on the case for up to 10 seconds. The status light should flash white, which means that your AirPods are ready to connect.

1. Hold the case, with your AirPods inside and the lid open, next to your iOS device.
  2. Follow the steps on the screen of your iOS device.
  3. Test your AirPods. If you still can't connect, reset your AirPods."

I hope this helps.

I don’t know why my AirPods don’t work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.