You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do only certain songs support Dolby Atmos?

I listen to mostly rock music and for example i’ll use My Chemical Romance because almost everyone knows them. When I listen to “Wow.” by Post Malone it has Dolby Atmos but when I listen to “Dead!” “Mama” or “Cancer” by My Chemical Romance it only supports Lossless. Why do only certain songs support Dolby Atmos?

iPhone XR

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 9:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 9:15 AM

So songs have to be mastered or now they remastered or remixed with dolby atmos and now only the most popular artists can do it for it to pay off. MCR isn’t as popular as the used to be but still popular so they wouldn’t benefit from dolby atmos because for an album, a dolby atmos mix would cost 30k-90k USD and it’s not a popular genre for dolby atmos so they wouldn’t benefit from playlist either

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 11, 2021 9:15 AM in response to alexanderlecom2

So songs have to be mastered or now they remastered or remixed with dolby atmos and now only the most popular artists can do it for it to pay off. MCR isn’t as popular as the used to be but still popular so they wouldn’t benefit from dolby atmos because for an album, a dolby atmos mix would cost 30k-90k USD and it’s not a popular genre for dolby atmos so they wouldn’t benefit from playlist either

Why do only certain songs support Dolby Atmos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.