You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate hidden files for mp3 files to flash card - how to see and eliminate?

Duplicate hidden files for mp3 files to flashcards - how to see and eliminate? Files can only be seen when plugged into my Honda CRV.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 3:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 10:22 AM

Found the answer in the Apple app store - It's called Clean My Drive 2. Load this flash or stick drive into the iMac computer and run the program. It will eliminate only the hidden second set of mp3 music. All tests in my car proved it worked perfectly.

2 replies

Jun 10, 2021 8:08 AM in response to chocobill

Hey Chocobill,

Thanks for posting your question in Apple Support Communities!

If by "flashcards" you mean an SD storage card you have a couple of options here. It is likely that these hidden files are appearing due to how the card is formatted. You can use the Disk Utility app on your Mac to erase and reformat the card and then add the music back. Your second option would be to look at the card in finder and try to remove any unneeded files you see. Very rarely are there "hidden" files so likely it is an issue with your SD card's format.

Best Wishes.

Duplicate hidden files for mp3 files to flash card - how to see and eliminate?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.