You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

add music to an ios device from itunes 12 running windows 10

When attempting to add music to a device from my itunes library, the transfer doesn't occur

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 2:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 2:25 PM

I have to assume then that the "add to device" option was because you were using Manually Manage (which I've never used). However, you mentioned Sync. For a Sync to add music to your device, you need to set Sync options.

Connect the iPod to iTunes and use the iPod icon on iTunes' menu bar...

... to look at the Settings/Music pane (1.):

• Is your Sync Music option (2.) ticked (selected)?
  • If it is, which option in (3.) do you have selected? Note, if you have Entire Music Library selected, you will not see the boxes numbered (4.)
7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 8, 2021 2:25 PM in response to altoreeder

I have to assume then that the "add to device" option was because you were using Manually Manage (which I've never used). However, you mentioned Sync. For a Sync to add music to your device, you need to set Sync options.

Connect the iPod to iTunes and use the iPod icon on iTunes' menu bar...

... to look at the Settings/Music pane (1.):

• Is your Sync Music option (2.) ticked (selected)?
  • If it is, which option in (3.) do you have selected? Note, if you have Entire Music Library selected, you will not see the boxes numbered (4.)

Jun 8, 2021 1:39 PM in response to the fiend

I am using songs that play in my itunes library on the Windows 10 PC. With the IOS device connected to the PC by USB, I was previously able to click on the song and the "add to device" came up with the attached device listed. Once this was clicked the song would be added to the music folder on the IOS device. The song would be listed in the "recently added" list on the IOS device. As an aside, for some reason sync doesn't work either. I get the message "sync starting" then it just ends. This is all new with the latest version of apple itunes v 12.11.3.17 which is the current version. I don't use iCloud.

add music to an ios device from itunes 12 running windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.