You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch

How do I connect it to my iPhone 12x max to my watch when it says I need updated software but it’s up to date

Apple Watch

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 7:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 9:14 PM

Which series is it and which watchOS version have you got? It is also possible to update the watch directly by itself, without the iPhone:

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you happen to have a backlevel watchOS V6, then you would need to find an older iPhone with iOS 12 and try the same pairing with that first.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 1, 2021 9:14 PM in response to Mojo1998

Which series is it and which watchOS version have you got? It is also possible to update the watch directly by itself, without the iPhone:

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you happen to have a backlevel watchOS V6, then you would need to find an older iPhone with iOS 12 and try the same pairing with that first.

Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.