You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost iPhone

Can you find my iphone?

Lost Fri., 5/21/21

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on May 26, 2021 4:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 26, 2021 4:10 PM

Try this:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201472

6 replies

May 26, 2021 4:41 PM in response to elcpu

Thank you Elcpu. I’ve tried this. It only tells me where my ipad is which is what I am using to locate my iphone. I spoke with a technician at a local repair shop (CPR) and he said that my iphone is not connected to my ipad cloud. But according to utube I should still be able to locate my iphone using my ipad. Thank you for responding though. Let me know if you think of anything else.

ThePrincessBookClub

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

May 26, 2021 4:47 PM in response to ThePrincessBookClub

If the phone is not signed into your iCloud account, then you cannot use Find My to locate it as that service requires the device be associated with your AppleID and iCloud. It doesn’t matter what other device you use, or just a web browser (www.iCloud.com/find). The lost or missing device must be associated with your iCloud account, be on, have location services on and Find My enabled in the iCloud account settings in order to be tracked.

Apple doesn’t take any action at all regarding people’s lost or stolen personal property. They don’t even take reports your device is missing.

May 26, 2021 4:57 PM in response to ThePrincessBookClub

Including your cell phone number has nothing to do with iCloud and Find My. It is the act of signing your AppleID into iCloud on that device that ties that device to your iCloud account. Then, as long as Find My is enabled in that device’s iCloud account settings, and location services is on, remote tracking is possible using www.iCloud.com/find.

Your cell phone number has nothing to do with Find My and Apple device remote tracking. Nor does anything you did on the iPad make the iPhone trackable with Find My if your AppleID wasn’t signed into iCloud on the iPhone itself.

Lost iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.