You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Low Power Mode ~ Battery Health Over Time

Will using low power mode on iPhone help to preserve my battery health over time. If not, what are some things I can do to help preserve my batter over time?

Thanks!

Posted on May 22, 2021 10:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 22, 2021 10:14 AM

No need to do that. This article offers suggestions:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208387

3 replies

May 22, 2021 12:40 PM in response to seamus241

Best thing you can do is not worry about it. You can do everything you possibly can to minimize power usage whenever possible, worrying about it all the time. Or you can just use your iPhone however is most convenient. The difference between both extremes is that maybe, after you've had your phone a long time, you might get a few minutes more battery life between charges.

I've had my iPhone XS for 28 months. I have not ever used low power mode. I charge it overnight and when I am driving (which has not been much this past year). I never turn off WiFi or Bluetooth. The battery health is at 90%. For the very infrequent times when I'm using it a lot in a day, I carry a 10,000 mAh battery pack. I will keep using this iPhone until there is a compelling reason to replace it. Such as when the battery finally dies, or when Apple releases a correctly sized iPhone with a screen size of 3.5 inches (preferably less).

Low Power Mode ~ Battery Health Over Time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.