You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where could I find deleted messages??

Where can I find deleted message and accompanied photos?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on May 21, 2021 4:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 22, 2021 6:26 AM

Are you talking about text and iMessages? If so, to recover deleted messages and their attachments, the following must be true:

You DO NOT use Messages in iCloud AND you DO have a backup of your device that was made while the message(s) in question were on your device that you can restore from.

If either of those conditions are not met, you will not be able to recover the message.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 22, 2021 6:26 AM in response to Nb19Tx58

Are you talking about text and iMessages? If so, to recover deleted messages and their attachments, the following must be true:

You DO NOT use Messages in iCloud AND you DO have a backup of your device that was made while the message(s) in question were on your device that you can restore from.

If either of those conditions are not met, you will not be able to recover the message.

Where could I find deleted messages??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.