You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I let a family member share my icloud storage without sharing files or purchases?

We want to use the iCloud storage to backup our devices without sharing files or purchases.

How do we keep our personal files private and still share the same account?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on May 21, 2021 12:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 21, 2021 12:23 PM

You do not share files when you share iCloud storage unless you decide to share the file and you would do that within the app itself. You would have to allow it on your own. All member’s data is private.

If you don’t want to share purchases, don’t turn it on in Settings>Your Name>Family Sharing>Purchase Sharing>Stop Sharing. If you want to share iCloud storage, turn it on in Settings>Your Name>Family Sharing>iCloud Storage.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 21, 2021 12:23 PM in response to maryK32

You do not share files when you share iCloud storage unless you decide to share the file and you would do that within the app itself. You would have to allow it on your own. All member’s data is private.

If you don’t want to share purchases, don’t turn it on in Settings>Your Name>Family Sharing>Purchase Sharing>Stop Sharing. If you want to share iCloud storage, turn it on in Settings>Your Name>Family Sharing>iCloud Storage.

How do I let a family member share my icloud storage without sharing files or purchases?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.