You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i don't have the option to manage my storage

i don't have the option to manage my storage for my macbook air 2015. i went on "about my mac" clicked storage and i don't have the manage button on the top

Posted on May 17, 2021 5:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 17, 2021 7:02 PM

Whether or not you have the feature to Manage Storage depends on the version of macOS that you have installed. The Manage Storage feature was introduced with macOS Sierra (10.12.x).

You don't specify which operating system is on your MacBook. You can check this under Apple Menu (top-left), then "About This Mac". As stated, if you are below 10.12.x, this feature will not be available to you. To get it, you will need to update macOS on your Mac. Your Mac can be updated to the current macOS Big Sur 11.3.

To update you Mac, follow the instructions here: https://www.apple.com/macos/how-to-upgrade/

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 17, 2021 7:02 PM in response to onyirimbap

Whether or not you have the feature to Manage Storage depends on the version of macOS that you have installed. The Manage Storage feature was introduced with macOS Sierra (10.12.x).

You don't specify which operating system is on your MacBook. You can check this under Apple Menu (top-left), then "About This Mac". As stated, if you are below 10.12.x, this feature will not be available to you. To get it, you will need to update macOS on your Mac. Your Mac can be updated to the current macOS Big Sur 11.3.

To update you Mac, follow the instructions here: https://www.apple.com/macos/how-to-upgrade/

i don't have the option to manage my storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.