You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Digital clock over workout apps with arm movement

I have an Apple Watch series 5. When I’m using my workout apps or the stopwatch and I move my arm it goes to a dim screen with an overlay of the digital clock. Display & Brightness-> Always On-> toggled to on and Hide Sensitive Complications is toggled off. If I turn off the Always On then my screen just goes black. Anyone have an answer for this?

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 7

Posted on May 16, 2021 7:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 17, 2021 9:27 PM

I believe that is the power saving feature kicking in. That dimness should disappear when you raise your wrist for a closer look.

So basically if the watch is raised to check it, the screen becomes live and everything is displayed clearly. When you drop your arm, it goes to that dim mode that still shows the current time, while still giving you some indication what is currently running underneath.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 17, 2021 9:27 PM in response to Annie2413

I believe that is the power saving feature kicking in. That dimness should disappear when you raise your wrist for a closer look.

So basically if the watch is raised to check it, the screen becomes live and everything is displayed clearly. When you drop your arm, it goes to that dim mode that still shows the current time, while still giving you some indication what is currently running underneath.

Digital clock over workout apps with arm movement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.