You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared Album Invites not working

I’ve seen this question previously but the Apple Communities link for answers solved nothing. My specific problem, as was the previous person, was that we go through the process of sending Invites to people to access a Shared Album. The “system” states “Invitation Sent” but they never get it. I have even tried sending an Invite to myself via my phone number AND email. Nothing. An email does arrive but it is blank, with no album link. Please help, without a canned answer or link please. If an answer doesn’t specifically address this problem then it isn’t helpful.

Posted on May 14, 2021 8:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 15, 2021 3:16 AM

Make sure that the people you are sending have a valid Apple ID /iCloud address using the email address which you have chosen while inviting them to view your Shared Album. Instead, try using a phone number that has iMessage activated as another option if you do know the Apple ID of the person whom you want to share with.

You can't share it with yourself.

Try creating another Apple ID for yourself and send an invite. It will work.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 15, 2021 3:16 AM in response to Awayagain

Make sure that the people you are sending have a valid Apple ID /iCloud address using the email address which you have chosen while inviting them to view your Shared Album. Instead, try using a phone number that has iMessage activated as another option if you do know the Apple ID of the person whom you want to share with.

You can't share it with yourself.

Try creating another Apple ID for yourself and send an invite. It will work.

Shared Album Invites not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.