You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Enter Old Password

when updating the software I was prompted to enter my account password, iPhone passcode to unlock the phone, and my old iPhone passcode to unlock the phone.

The first 2 (account password and current iPhone passcode) were entered correctly and I can't recall my old passcode. Why is it asking me this and how can I get around it?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on May 11, 2021 4:22 AM

2 replies

May 12, 2021 9:04 AM in response to Jeff_W.

Hey Jeff_W.

Enter Old Passcode

“Passwords, home and other data are protected by the passcode previously used to unlock this iPhone. This passcode protects your Apple ID, saved passwords and other data stored in iCloud. Your passcode is encrypted and cannot be read by Apple.”

Input: 6 digit numeric input

If I put in current passcode I get:

Enter Passcode for Other iPhone

“Enter the passcode for your other iPhone, not the passcode for this iPhone.”

Options: OK

If I hit forgot Passcode link I get:

Forgot Passcode?

“If you can’t remember the passcode for “iPhone”, you can approve this iPhone from one of your other devices signed in to iCloud, or you can reset your end-to-end encrypted data.”

Options: Reset Encrypted Data; Cancel

Lastly, I don’t have another iPhone.

Enter Old Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.