You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

a flash as soon as it is turned on

What is the problem when I turn on the iPhone 12 it always flashes then the apple logo? Is this normal or the phone is defective.?

Posted on May 10, 2021 1:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 10, 2021 1:36 PM

If I understand you correctly this happens when you turn on the phone from a powered off state. It means that you haven’t updated iOS. The current version is 14.5.1. That was a cosmetic bug in 14.4; the Apple logo should stay on until the phone finishes its startup process, but it came on and went out.

If you mean something different please elaborate.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 10, 2021 1:36 PM in response to flin102829

If I understand you correctly this happens when you turn on the phone from a powered off state. It means that you haven’t updated iOS. The current version is 14.5.1. That was a cosmetic bug in 14.4; the Apple logo should stay on until the phone finishes its startup process, but it came on and went out.

If you mean something different please elaborate.

a flash as soon as it is turned on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.