You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues installing Final Cut Academic

I'm having trouble trying to upload Final Cut Studio HD Academic to my new Mac Mini M1 2020. After uploading start-up disk, it says I need to upgrade to Quicktime 7.6 and that my current system has Quicktime 0.0! In actuality I have Quicktime 10.5!! Please tell me there is away around this!!

Thank you,

Barb E

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 6, 2021 8:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 7, 2021 11:13 AM

Hey there photog50,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're seeing a message that you need to upgrade QuickTime to 7.6, when you have 10.5 installed. We're happy to provide some assistance.

Do you have Rosetta installed on your Mac? If not, let's install Rosetta and see if the issue persists:

If you need to install Rosetta on your Mac

We hope this helps.

Have a great day!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 7, 2021 11:13 AM in response to photog50

Hey there photog50,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're seeing a message that you need to upgrade QuickTime to 7.6, when you have 10.5 installed. We're happy to provide some assistance.

Do you have Rosetta installed on your Mac? If not, let's install Rosetta and see if the issue persists:

If you need to install Rosetta on your Mac

We hope this helps.

Have a great day!

Issues installing Final Cut Academic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.