You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air M1 battery drains quicker than expected

I bought a brand new MacBook air m1 two months ago and it currently is running big sur 11.3. Whenever watching a youtube video on safari, my MacBook air's battery drains a bit quickly. When watching a 20-minute video, 1080p, 100% brightness, full-screen, with only discord, Microsoft OneNote, and no tabs in safari open, my battery went down from 59% to 52%. I this normal or should I be concerned?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 1, 2021 4:30 PM

1 reply

May 2, 2021 1:02 PM in response to dripz_XD

Hello dripz_XD,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! We understand you are looking for some information on your MacBooks battery life while using apps. We are happy to help provide some guidance.

Apps that stream video or other intensive tasks, especially while using Wi-Fi can drain the battery life faster than just using an app for reading text or other tasks. We have some great information on monitoring your MacBooks battery life and how to check the condition of the battery in these helpful guide:

View Battery Usage History on a Mac notebook

If your Mac battery runs out of charge quickly

We would also recommend checking how to maximize the battery life of your MacBook by following the guidance listed here:

Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

We hope this information helps.

Best Regards.

MacBook Air M1 battery drains quicker than expected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.