You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 is not charging more than 30 % by MagSafe and not more than 80 % by cable.

Iphone 12 issue....

Its not charging more than 30 % by magsafe and not more than 80 % by cable. I change new cable and magsafe also but same issue I am getting since 2 months, may be update issue. Could any one help.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 1:03 AM

3 replies

May 16, 2021 10:51 AM in response to Amit_439

I figured the problem. Anyone who has this issue, I know many do. I’ve gotten 2 replacements and both have it.

Apparently it’s not the issue with the iPhone, it’s an issue with the 20W adapter and BE SURE it is plugged into a wall outlet, not to an extension cord.

As simple as it may sound, just getting a 20W adapter replaced and changing the charging port directly to a wall outlet, it passes 80% like it isn’t even there.

If you charge it from anything below 20%, because of the heat it will stop at 80% for 5-15 minutes before continuing on.

I did all this with “Optimized charging” switched on, so you shouldn’t have any issue! Hope this helps! 😁🤞

iPhone 12 is not charging more than 30 % by MagSafe and not more than 80 % by cable.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.