You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emails disappeared

All my inbox messages prior to 6:30 EST have disappeared from my iPhone 11. They were there last night.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 4:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 5:36 AM

Remove your email account and set it up again

Make sure that all of your emails are there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than your device. On your device, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts. Tap the email account that you want to remove. Tap Delete Account.

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

1. When you make an iOS or iPadOS backup in iCloud or iTunes, it backs up your mail settings, but not your email. ... 
  2. Make sure your device is connected to the Internet.
  3. Check with your email service provider to find out if there's a service outage.

More items...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch ...

15 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 22, 2021 5:36 AM in response to mam5152

Remove your email account and set it up again

Make sure that all of your emails are there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than your device. On your device, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts. Tap the email account that you want to remove. Tap Delete Account.

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

1. When you make an iOS or iPadOS backup in iCloud or iTunes, it backs up your mail settings, but not your email. ... 
  2. Make sure your device is connected to the Internet.
  3. Check with your email service provider to find out if there's a service outage.

More items...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch ...

Jun 9, 2021 10:04 AM in response to mam5152

This happened to me this morning. ALL messages older than 1 week in gmail have disappeared. This included all messages with a gmail 'tag' (or important messages I've had sorted into folders/tags for years). I JUST looked at some of these last night, then today they all disappeared this morning. (Ive searched gmail via my laptop, checked gmail settings, checked in icloud, rebooted phone, removed accounts & added back)

Jun 20, 2021 9:22 AM in response to FelixGarcia

Correction to earlier post: all Gmail messages that were older than 90 days disappeared, even ones saved by way of tags/folders. I’ve spent hours on the phone with Apple Support to no avail. Plus, as I watched them disappear I quickly went to my back up settings to turn them off only to see it backed up on its own just seconds prior. Why would it do that? My first thought- it was intentionally written in the latest 14.6 “bug fixes” to reduce stored data- funny how it only happened to Gmail messages, their biggest competitor & arch nemesis. Go figure, Apple Support blamed Google/Gmail however I KNOW it was the mail app, I hadn’t changed ANY Gmail settings, and this was the first time I added the account to the Mail app. Ive lost so many important messages- evidentiary emails for a criminal case, legal docs/messages, so many receipts, all tax documents for the last 10 years, passwords, photos, messages from lost loved ones, etc. I think I saved most of the attachments but the message contents & ability to search for them by date/subject or view contents of a saved folder are lost. Plus between Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc who knows where tf they are. It’s devastating. My only next step is to contact a lawyer but slim chance there.

Apple Support was useless.

I know one thing though, I will never buy another Apple product again and am in the process of switching everything to android.

Emails disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.