You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monitor Lag on Mac Pro with AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32 GB

Hi,

I'm trying to drive a LG Ultrawide 49" at it's native 5120x1440 60 hertz, but there is pretty horrific lag when ever I move the mouse. It usually causes the mouse to freeze for 0.2 to 0.5 sec. Sometimes other UI graphics freeze at the same time, sometimes not. It only occurs when driving this monitor.

The res is well within the graphics card's spec so I'm not sure why it's occurring. I've tried all the busses. The monitor uses USB-3 not thunderbolt, I've tried a thunderbolt cable anyway and it did not work.

I've tried alternate resolutions down to 480p with HDR off and on, and nothing has solved the lag.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brice

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 9:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 9:58 AM

Monitoring activity monitor while the lagging was happening, I never saw CPU idle drop below 95%

I have now solved the issue though, I think - not entirely sure how. I just switched bus again and it's working with the USB-C cable going from the top (as in the left of the two on top of the case) Thunderbolt sockets to the monitor.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 19, 2021 9:58 AM in response to brice1706

Monitoring activity monitor while the lagging was happening, I never saw CPU idle drop below 95%

I have now solved the issue though, I think - not entirely sure how. I just switched bus again and it's working with the USB-C cable going from the top (as in the left of the two on top of the case) Thunderbolt sockets to the monitor.

Monitor Lag on Mac Pro with AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32 GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.