You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage space

My iPhone 11’s storage is full, but the issue is that the “other” category is taking up over 50% of the space. What’s in the other category and is there a way to get rid of it?

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 7:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 7:22 AM

Start here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211686

2 replies

Apr 19, 2021 7:34 AM in response to OndineP

The only way I have found to clear excessive "other" storage consumption is to factory reset the device. I was told by an Apple Senior Advisor that "other" will automatically clear out when the space is needed. Although this has never been the case on my phone.

I have posted about this multiple times and even spent two months on the phone with Apple regarding this. Brand new iPhone 11 in November that has this issue. Noticed "other" chewing up my storage since iOS 14 released on my 8. Still haven't found any "tricks" that have been posted on these forums that actually have worked for me other than the nuclear option. Which to me is a hassle. There really should be a way to manually delete this garbage collector on the users end.

Storage space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.