You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessages from one sender not received on my iPhone 12 and only going to iPad Air 2 iMessage

this has occured a couple times that I’ve noticed an iMessage is only going to my iPad Air2 ad I am not receiving the message on my iPhone 12 iMessage. The messages are missing on my phone. What is causing this

iPhone 12

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 5:35 AM

1 reply

Apr 20, 2021 7:54 AM in response to Leannefromwisconsin

Hey Leannefromwisconsin,

We understand that you're getting messages on your iPad, however they are not appearing on the iPhone. Both devices should be signed in using the same Apple ID. You can check this by going to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. If issue continues, sign out of iMessages on the iPhone, power off the iPhone and then power it back on, sign back in. Since iMessages use the internet to send and receive, make sure the iPhone is connected to a reliable network connection.

Take care.

iMessages from one sender not received on my iPhone 12 and only going to iPad Air 2 iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.