You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uninstall/Reinstall an App Store app??

My 'Snappy' screen snapshot app crashes on launch, after I moved my 10.14.5 OS to a larger partition.

I'd like to uninstall and reinstall the app, but the App Store has no uninstall or reinstall option. Just 'Open' which crashes the app as soon as I touch the icon on the menu bar.

How can I reinstall this (or any other) App Store app ?

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 12:04 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 21, 2021 11:09 AM in response to PRP_53

I tried this. The App Store then let me re-download the Snappy App :), but sadly, it still crashes the moment that I click the icon for it, on the Menu Bar. :(

Technically, I didn't drag it to the trash and empty, but rather compressed the Snappy app to a .zip file and then removed the app from the terminal by running

sudo rm -rf /Applications/Snappy.app

I think this accomplishes the same thing. I just didn't want to empty my trash because I like to let MacOS do that automatically, and I wanted to be able to restore the app, in case I still was not able to download from the App Store.

Uninstall/Reinstall an App Store app??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.