You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I reset my iphone to factory settings, now i cant pair my apple watch since it is asking for a 6 digit password I never inputted, prior to erasing its contents and settings (required to re-oair). thoughts?

I reset my iphone to factory settings, now i cant pair my apple watch since it is asking for a 6 digit password (on the watch) I never inputted, prior to erasing its contents and settings (required to re-pair). thoughts?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 7

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 12:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 1:13 PM

You will have to factory reset the watch→Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

5 replies

Apr 9, 2021 1:14 PM in response to Snowman14

If I understand correctly:

• Your Apple Watch is asking for a six digit passcode.
  • This cannot be your iPhone’s passcode (either current or previous) because it is/was alphabetical.

The Apple Watch defaults to using a four digit passcode, but this can be overridden. What type of passcode had your Apple Watch used?

I reset my iphone to factory settings, now i cant pair my apple watch since it is asking for a 6 digit password I never inputted, prior to erasing its contents and settings (required to re-oair). thoughts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.