You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my son forgot his apple id and the password what do we do to recover this?

my 11 yr old son put his password in his phone wrong and locked it. He set up the phone with a different apple id so after a master reset that a apple customer service rep advised my son to do, he cant use his current apple id to restore his Iphone until he signs in with his old apple id. what do we do? The Phone store we purchased the phone from isn't open and we don't have the receipt.

iPhone 7

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 1:53 AM

1 reply

Apr 7, 2021 5:19 AM in response to Chavel29

Hello Chavel29,

It sounds like you can't remember the Apple ID and password that was used to set up your son's iPhone. We' like to provide you with some information to help you get this resolved so he can start using that phone again.

Here's the steps you can take to recover the Apple ID if he doesn't remember what it is: If you forgot your Apple ID. Once you have the Apple ID you can then use the following steps to recover the password: If you forgot your Apple ID password.

Activation Lock is what's preventing you from using that iPhone without the correct Apple ID credentials. If you aren't able to recover those, you would need to request to have Activaton Lock removed. See the "Start a support request" section of this support article for information on how to do that: How to remove Activation Lock.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

my son forgot his apple id and the password what do we do to recover this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.