You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activity Distance Measurement changed after phone reset last week.

I have been walking the same route almost every day for the past several years. The distance of the route is 3.75 miles. Last week, I was having problems with my watch as I was not hearing text notification sounds. I worked with two techs on the phone and one had me reset my phone and that totally screwed up my watch and I had to go into the store to work with the Genius Bar. The tech was great and got the watch and phone to work However, I noticed on my walks now which are the same route, my distance on my watch is only showing 3.36 miles. Does anyone have any idea what could have changed? Thank you very much.

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 1:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 1:06 AM

Dont know but I think it would be safest to calibrate the watch one more time. To make sure the GPS is accurate and will match the real distance of that route:

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support

3 replies

Apr 4, 2021 2:48 PM in response to better_half

Thank you for this information. Being technically challenged, before I calibrated the watch one more time. I went through all the setting screens and apps to see what if anything may have been turned off when tech support instructed me that I needed to reset my iPhone last week. I found under privacy that my locations turned off which is used for my watch and today when I walked, my mileage matched with the pre-reset mileage. I will not follow any phone tech support person anymore. At least I learned something with this incident. Thanks

Activity Distance Measurement changed after phone reset last week.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.