You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Convert to MP3

Is there some way to specify a different export folder for the converted MP3 songs? I would like to convert music but I don't want the MP3's buried inside of the iTunes directory structure or duplicated in my library.

Mac mini, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 1:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 5:44 AM

Rick,

Unfortunately no. When iTunes/Music converts format, it puts the new file into your media folder in an Artist/Album structure. When it is done you can move the new file. Or if you doing a lot, you can use a 3rd party conversion tool such as Switch that lets you place the output file where you wish.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 1, 2021 5:44 AM in response to Rick Angelini

Rick,

Unfortunately no. When iTunes/Music converts format, it puts the new file into your media folder in an Artist/Album structure. When it is done you can move the new file. Or if you doing a lot, you can use a 3rd party conversion tool such as Switch that lets you place the output file where you wish.

Convert to MP3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.