You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Folders within Albums

I've spent too long trying to get an answer to what I thought was a simple question. I wish to create subfolders within my albums (mac). Is this possible? Saw a suggestion of creating an album and dragging it into another, then it sits below that album. That's not what I want though. Any ideas? Many thanks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 10:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 2:07 PM

Hi

If you are talking about inside the photos app:

In the albums section of photos, you can have Folders, and you can have albums.

Folders can contain subfolders and albums. Folders cannot contain images.

Albums can contain images. Albums cannot contain folders.

If you want a folder structure with subfolders, it all has to be done as folders within folders, and then create the albums in whatever level of the folder structure you like.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 29, 2021 2:07 PM in response to Nomadibility

Hi

If you are talking about inside the photos app:

In the albums section of photos, you can have Folders, and you can have albums.

Folders can contain subfolders and albums. Folders cannot contain images.

Albums can contain images. Albums cannot contain folders.

If you want a folder structure with subfolders, it all has to be done as folders within folders, and then create the albums in whatever level of the folder structure you like.

Folders within Albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.